Resistance bands are an easy and convenient way to get a great full-body workout whether you’re in the gym, outdoors, at home or traveling. iGnite founder Neissa shares her favorite resistance band exercises that work your body from head to toe.
Complete 3 rounds of these 3 exercises for a challenging full-body workout:
1. Chest Press with Stationary lunge
(10 each leg)
- Equipment: use a heavier resistance band for this exercise and others that work the chest and back
- Muscles Worked: Quads, glutes, hamstrings, chest, core
- Difficulty Adjustment: Adjust your resistance level by widening or shortening your stance, stepping forward or backward.
- Form: Keep your knee and ankle in alignment and arms at 90 degrees. Inhale down, exhale as you extend.
2. Squat + Standing Row
(set of 10-15 reps)
- Equipment: Use a heavier resistance band for this exercise and others that work the chest and back
- Muscles Worked: quads, glutes & hamstrings, lats & rhomboids (all back), biceps, core
- Form: Pull with palms facing up, elbows in against your sides, and squeezing the shoulder blades together
- Difficulty adjustment: Adjust the resistance level of your row by stepping forward or backwards
3. Squat with Shoulder Press and Optional Jump
- Equipment: Use a lighter resistance band so that you can fully extend the arms overhead while standing on the bands
- Muscles Worked: glutes, quads, hamstrings, shoulders, core and cardio
- Form: Sit back in your squat like you are sitting in a chair with chest up and looking straight ahead
- Difficulty adjustment: Increase the amount of cardio work by including a jump after alternating squats
Pingback: Top Moves for a Beach Body - How to Lose Weight Quickly
Pingback: How to Maximize Nature’s Body Benefits | the iGnite blog
Pingback: Dance Your Way Fit: 3 Moves for Cardio & Strength | the iGnite blog
Pingback: 3 of My Favorite Strengthening Exercises | the iGnite blog
Pingback: 4 Moves to Release Tension in the Neck & Shoulders Using a Tennis Ball | the iGnite blog
Pingback: A Nutrition Coach’s Easy, Healthy Meal Ideas | the iGnite blog
Pingback: “Simple 7” Total Body, Body Weight Circuit | the iGnite blog
Pingback: The Perfect Addition to your Winter Fitness Routine | the iGnite blog
Pingback: Class Highlight: Cardio Core Circuit | the iGnite blog
Pingback: Member Spotlight: Caitlin Clemenson | the iGnite blog
Be it home or gym, while on the vacation or looking for a simple workout, exercise is no longer a hassle with versatile resistance bands for women that helps you to workout anywhere and anytime.