One of the things I love the most about this salad is that it requires such minimal chopping — and who doesn’t love that?! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Neissa’s Simple Summer Arugula Salad with Maple Lemon Dressing
Makes 1 serving (1 large main salad), or 3-4 small side salads
- 1 heaping handful of organic, undressed cole slaw mix (I find mine for ~$3 at Whole Foods)
- 1 heaping handful of arugula
- 1/4 c whole or halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 T pepitas
- 1 T dried currants
- 1 T slivered or whole almonds
- 1 serving size of your protein of choice (I prefer salmon, grilled chicken or even a turkey burger)
- To taste: I also love crumbling up a piece of veggie-fed, antibiotic-free bacon for a little extra crunch & flavor 🙂
- 1 T organic maple syrup
- Fresh juice from half of a lemon
- Place all ingredients (minus your protein of choice) in a large tupperware container and shake
- Empty salad contents onto a serving dish, top with your protein of choice and enjoy!