For at least the past five years I have prepared this delicious, healthy and beautiful dish for both Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinner. (I like to bake it in a 1-quart casserole dish instead of in ramekins.) So I thought I’d pass it along for those of you looking for a dish for your upcoming Thanksgiving celebration — consider trying this one out! It’s always a hit with my family.
Cranberry & Sweet Potato Bake
from Cooking Light Magazine
- 2 (15 oz) Cans of sweet potatoes, drained or two to three large boiled sweet potatoes
- 1 (8-oz) Can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 2 T Butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 Large egg
- 1 (16 oz) Can whole-berry cranberry sauce Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine sweet potatoes and pineapple in a large bowl; mash with a potato masher.
- Stir in butter, salt, nutmeg, pepper, and egg.
- Swirl in 1 cup cranberry sauce.
- Spoon 1/3 cup sweet potato mixture into each of 8 (4-ounce) ramekins coated with cooking spray. Top each with 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
*Note: A 1-quart casserole may be substituted for ramekins. (Bake at 350º for 40 minutes)
OTHER HEALTHY RECIPES YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY: