It’s time to get into the summer state of mind – ready to face the sun, relax & spend time by the water with family & friends. When it comes to summer essentials, there are lots of things that come to mind: music, sunscreen, beach totes, cool drinks, flip flops and much more.
Here is our Summer Essentials guide to make sure you’re ready for your best summer ever:
Summer Essential Playlist
- Seven Years / Lukas Graham
- Sugar / Flo Rida featuring Wynter
- Work From Home / Fifth Harmony featuring Ty Dolla $ign
- Let’s Go / Calvin Harris
- Can’t Stop the Feeling / Justin Timberlake
- Peanut Butter Jelly / Galantis
- Cake by the Ocean / DNCE
- Boys of Summer / Don Henley
- Sun Daze / Florida Georgia Line
- Summer Love / Justin Timberlake
- I Want You to Know / Zedd
- Hula Hoop / Omi
- Send My Love / Adele
- Just Like Fire / Pink
- Wasted Time / Keith Urban
- Keep your nails looking fresh with our favorite nail polish colors: OPI Mod about You or Essie Bikini So Teeny
- To keep a bronze glow while protecting your skin, try these sunless tan products – Arbonne Liquid Sunshine Tinted Self Tanner and Clarins Self Tanning
- The best summer antiperspirant is Secret Clinical Strength Clear Gel in “Completely Clean” — it does not leave white marks and keeps you smelling fresh even after workouts!
- No time to shower? Try GoodWipes Body Wipes — they are biodegradable, hypoallergenic, alcohol-free, Paraben-free, and have no added fragrance. Use them after workouts, while traveling, nights out…they truly make you feel like you just had a shower!
- Go days without washing your hair with Aveda Shampure Dry Shampoo – even after time outdoors and lots of sweating. This product actually adds body to your hair!
- Keep your summer hair looking great with Sun Bum 3 in 1 Beach Formula leave in hair treatment, it’s UV protecting, and smells great! Perfect for at the beach or long days at the pool or lake. Sold locally at Perri Berri.
- Another great idea for hair care is to get a Brazilian blowout treatment – leaves your hair sleek and easy to manage all summer. Try N salon on Lamar for a local blowout treatment.
- To keep your face feeling fresh and hydrated, put a pump of Shu Eumura oil on your face after swimming. The oil is a gentle cleanser and hydrates skin, giving it a nice feel and glow.
- The most important piece of clothing in the summer – bathing suits! Check out the Maaji suits like this one – super comfy and reversible with mix & match styles. Available locally at Perri Berri and Nordstrom’s.
- Add a fun flare to any outfit with Statement Earrings like these Tassel Drop earrings from baublebar.com
- Keep cool and trendy with an Off-the-shoulder sundress like this one from The Find Auctions
- A soft scarf is a summer staple like the Lotus Scarf from Lululemon- great for traveling or wrapping up on the beach in the evening
- Everyone needs a packable summer hat like this one from J. Crew – it flattens and folds for easy packing and has an extra-wide brim to keep you cool and protected.
- Our iGnite Shine Bright Tank is perfect for workouts or just to wear as a cover-up at the beach – it is soft, flattering, draped fit with a racerback
- A great pair of Tkees flip flops are a summer must – comfortable and lots of color options to brighten any outfit
- How fun are these Life Factory wine glasses? They have a cute protective rubber covering so they are great for outdoors and summer parties! Sold locally at Perri Berri.
- Make your own Spa Water – In a two quart pitcher, add a cut up lemon, 1/2 cut up cucumber, fresh mint and sparkling (or regular) water. Chill overnight.
Or use a pitcher like this one and place strawberries in the funnel of the pitcher lid, fill pitcher with sparkling water and fresh mint, refrigerate and enjoy!
- Dry off or lay out on the beach using this Shine Bright beach towel – it is so soft, absorbent and long – it’s 100% terry velour and measures 30″ x 60″
- The best goggles for lap swimming – Special Ops by TYR swim goggles – they have soft cushions around the eyes, a super comfortable fit and are polarized.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen – our favorites are the Neutrogena ultra sheer dry-touch
SPF 55 with helioplex – it has a lightweight clean feel or Alba botanicals very emollient SPF 45 pure Lavender – great if your skin is feeling dry.
- For even more protection for long days by the water throw on a stylish Rash guard like the Pacifica UPF 50+ from Athleta
- These Royal Standard totes are great for the pool or the beach and can be monogrammed. We also love this tassel straw beach bag from Target.
- Stay hydrated all through the day with this 32 oz, PBA free, wide mouth iGnite Shine Bright water bottle
- For the ultimate relaxing experience – delicious summer cocktails to sip poolside! Our favorite refreshing poolside drink is Deep Eddy Grapefruit vodka mixed with our Cranberry Water recipe and a splash of lime. Or try Deep Eddy Lemon Vodka with Fresca – yum!
Now get out there and ENJOY YOUR SUMMER!!
You May Also Like:
- Summer Travel Inspiration & Advice
- Go-To, Healthy Summer Dinners
- 5 Rules to Safely Exercise in the Summer Heat