There are plenty of reasons why your indulgence in sweets over the Valentine’s holiday could have actually positively affect your health. That is, of course, if you were eating dark chocolate. Made from the seed of the cocoa tree, it is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet. If you buy quality dark chocolate with a high cocoa content, then it is actually quite nutritious.
5 of the many benefits include:
- Heart-Healthy: Flavanols found in dark chocolate have a very positive effect on heart health by helping lower blood pressure and improving blood flow to the heart as well as the brain. They can also reduce the risk of blood clots and stroke.
- Mood Changer: Dark chocolate contains Phenylenthylamine (PEA) which encourages the brain to release endorphins that make you feel good.
- Better Cognititve Function: Because chocolate increases blood flow to the brain, it can boost brain function.
- Cancer Prevention: Antioxidants are the compounds that are believed to neutralize free radicals and protect the body from their damage. The antioxidants in chocolate can help rid your system of free radicals which have been linked to multiple age-related health risks and diseases.
- High in Vitamins and Minerals: Dark chocolate contains a number of vitamins and minerals that can support your health. Dark chocolate contains some of the following vitamins and minerals in high concentrations: Potassium, Copper, Magnesium and
Higher the cocoa content better the Dark chocolate to get all benefits from its components