Living in Community, Part II
Point to Ponder:
What is the best piece of wisdom you’ve ever received?
I thoroughly enjoyed all of the great wisdom that was being tossed around in class last week and I devoured every word it! I don’t know whether it was coincidence, the law of attraction, or the concept of ‘what you put out you get back,’ but I found myself in abnormal situations all week where wisdom was being shared. For example, on Thursday (the morning of our ‘ice storm’ that closed the schools – ha!), Good Morning America featured a story about #DearMe, a YouTube campaign created to empower young women where women share wisdom with their younger selves (be sure to watch the awesome video below).
Following the story (that I found empowering for women of all ages), the GMA cast shared their wisdom for their younger selves, and it was sooo good! Here’s what they had to say:
- Robin Roberts: Relax and enjoy the moments more. There’s no need to be in a rush. Don’t worry so much about what people think, because what people say is none of your business. You are stronger than you think you are. When fear knocks, and it will, let faith happen. Listen to your mother.
- George Stephanopoulos: 99% of the things you worry about don’t matter. Don’t stress out, let it go, be patient and it’s worth the wait.
- Lara Spencer: Be patient and stop worrying about tomorrow. Live in the moment and appreciate it- actually learn from the experience. Perfection is over-rated.
- Ginger Zee: It doesn’t matter- everything will work out. And, eating is good, so eat!
- Amy Robach: Enjoy the ride and slow down. You don’t have to do everything perfectly and quickly. You can make mistakes. Enjoy the mistakes. Mistakes are the only way you grow. Stop beating yourself up. There’s no such thing as a mistake or regrets, they’re just chances you’ve taken.
Excitingly, I received so much great wisdom last week from our members and leadership team that we’ll continue to feature the wowing tidbits in the next several journals. So please continue to send me your wisdom and pass this journal along to your friends and family! It’s all powerful and important stuff and will strengthen, connect and grow our community.
I’ll leave you with a piece of wisdom I received from iGnite member, Delaine Teeple: “Keep your home safe, silly and simple.” Delaine sent me the above picture of herself with her daughter, at home, dressed up for the Academy Awards. Through shared wisdom, Delaine has been inspired to keep her home safe, silly and simple, hence — a family Academy Awards dress-up party! Both Delaine and her husband got dressed up too. I love that so much 🙂
Check out the video #DearMe: Advice to my younger self
Reflect on the pieces of wisdom shared in this week’s journal — which ones strike a chord with you and why?
You Might Also Like:
Pingback: How Cary is In The Game | the iGnite blog
Pingback: How Life Can Strengthen You | the iGnite blog