- 1-2 Spaghetti squash (5 lb squash makes 4 cups spaghetti)
- 1 lb organic lean beef, chicken breast or turkey
- 1 Jar of Your Favorite Marinara Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375F. If your squash is quite large, start by slicing off the stem. This makes it easier to slice through and also gives you a flat base to work with. You can do this on a cutting board or an old tea towel.
- Place squash flat end down. With a [recently sharpened] chef’s knife, slice down the middle length-wise.
- With a metal ice cream scoop or spoon, scoop out the seeds & guts.
- Brush halves with a tiny amount of olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, cut side down. The salt & pepper you just sprinkled on will stick to the oil.
- Roast at 375F for around 35-45 minutes, or until you can easily scrape strands away from the squash. The outer yellow skin will also deepen in color. Baking time will vary depending on the size. 5-pound squash takes 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip each half. At this point, feel free to use the fork to see if the strands easily come off. If it’s ready, cool for about 5-10 minutes and then grab the fork and scrape the squash flesh over and over. You’ll be left with a bunch of spaghetti-like strands!
- While squash is roasting, prepare beef, chicken or turkey
- Mix with marinara sauce and enjoy!