Do you want to improve your sprinting/running/walking ability to get maximum gain for your effort? Well, here’s how: build lean muscle to power your run!
And you ask… how do I do that?
1. STRONG ABS improve posture.
An upright stance will help you easily pick up speed!
In a study, runners who did core work for 6 weeks ran more efficiently, shaving 42 seconds off their 5K times.
2. Develop a STRONG UPPER BODY!
Yes, a strong back and arms combined with a lower-body routine can quicken your pace by 5%!
3. Work on building STRONG HAMSTRINGS!
What makes running really tough? Getting hurt. Studies have shown that strengthening the muscles in the back of your legs can help prevent injury.
4. STRONG QUADRICEPS are a must!
When runners added squats and weighted squats to their strength workouts, they could run 21% longer and were 5% faster!
You Might Also Like:
- Stay Active While Away: Your Go-To Travel & Vacation Workout
- 4 Benefits to Working Out Outside
- 5 Tips for Proper Running Technique