Preparation Time: 10 minutes
1 cup Ottavio Platinum Balsamic Vinegar (available at most HEB’s)
2 tbsp Salted Butter
2 lbs Fresh Brussels Sprouts *cut in half
½ cup Golden raisins
¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp ea. Kosher Salt & black pepper
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl combine halved brussels sprouts with olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss well to combine and place on a sheet pan and into the oven. Cook until just browned, about 30-45 min. (The darker the sprout, the more intense the flavor)
- Combine the roasted brussel sprouts with the raisins and drizzle with Balsamic Caramel (Recipe below)
- Balsamic Caramel: In a stainless steel saucepan (or non-reactive pot) reduce 1 cup of balsamic vinegar over low heat until liquid is reduced by half (takes about 20min over low-med heat). Cut the heat and add in the butter and whisk until melted. Let stand for about 5 min, drizzle over anything.
— — — — —
Scott Tompkins is Head Chef & Manager at H-E-B on Farwest Boulevard in Austin, Texas and is a featured speaker at iGnite’s Intentional Renewal Wellness Retreat in February 2014 where he will give a cooking demo and talk (including recipes) on ‘Simplifying Healthy Meals for the Everyday.’ Scott runs his own kitchen and department, creates his own recipes and loves every minute of it. Join us at the Intentional Renewal retreat to get more great healthy recipes, learn more about the health benefits of incorporating different foods into your cooking, and more!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- iGnite’s Favorite Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Simple Go-To Healthy Dinner Menus & Recipes
- Cranberry & Sweet Potato Bake