Let’s face it, eating Halloween candy is inevitable. Even the most disciplined of people will sneak a few pieces. Therefore, as you comb through your child’s pumpkin bucket or the office candy bin, we thought it would be helpful to know the top five “best” candy choices.
- 3 Musketeer Minis: 1 Fun Size bar contains 63 calories, 2 grams of fat and 11 grams of sugar. Instead of chocolate bars filled with caramel or peanuts, choose this lighter, chocolaty snack that has far fewer calories and fat than other chocolate bars.
- York Peppermint Patty: 1 full-size bar contains 165 calories, 3 grams of fat and 27 grams of sugar. This light, refreshing treat is also lower in calories and fat than heavier chocolate treats. Added bonus? It leaves you with minty-fresh breath 🙂
- Tootsie Roll: 1 small Tootsie Roll contains 50 calories, 1 gram of fat and 10 grams of sugar. Try this old favorite that offers a chewy, chocolate fix in moderation. But beware, at 50 calories each, the calorie count can really add up.
- Peanut or Almond M&M’s: 1 Fun Size Pouch contains 90 calories, 5 grams of fat and 9 grams of sugar. Peanut M&M’s aren’t a bad choice when you think about the fact that their peanuts contain protein, which provides a small boost of energy. The portion-control pouch is an added advantage for weight-watching candy lovers.
- Charms Blow Pops: One Charms Blow Pop contains 60 calories, 0 fat and 13 grams of sugar. Lollipops are a great way to keep your mouth busy (and not eating other high calorie foods). With only 60 calories and gum included, you can’t lose!
- Healthy Recipe: Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- 15 Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
- Butternut Squash: The Perfect Fall Immunity & Energy Booster