Did you know that just 1 cup of butternut squash contains 1/3 of your daily amount of vitamin C? And, if you are struggling with your energy levels, butternut squash is an excellant choice for blood sugar regulation. It’s also loaded with anti-oxidants which help reduce imflammation (helping to fight diseases like cancer and helping you look & feel young).
The most simple way to cook this autumn squash is by roasting, which consists of three simple steps:
- Slice the butternut squash into ½ inch thick half moon slices, or peel and dice the squash.
- Toss it with some olive oil, honey & cinnamon
- Roast at 400 F for 35 to 40 minutes.
OTHER GREAT HEALTHY RECIPES:
- Chocolate Coconut Truffles
- Summer Turkey Burgers, Corn Salad, Gazpacho, Pistachio Spinach Salad, Baked Oregano Sweet Potatoes & Veggie Quesadillas
- Green Smoothie
- Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Meal-Replacement Smoothie