We LOVE these protein bars. They are a delicious, filling, nutritious and balanced (great carbohydrate / fat / protein ratio) snack that is perfect whether after a workout or when you need a bite between meals. They can even be a great meal replacement if you double or triple (depending on gender and activity level) the serving size. Best of all, once you have your ingredients together they are quick and easy to make. We know you will love them as much as we do!
Recommended for all ages, unless you have a peanut allergy.
Makes: 32 square bars; Serving Size: 1 square bar
2 c Organic Unsweetened Creamy Peanut Butter
3/4 c Local Honey
2 & 1/2 c Gluten-Free Old Fashion Rolled Oats (we love Bob’s Red Mill)
1 c Gluten-Free Rice Crispies
4 scoops Jay Robb Chocolate Egg White Protein Powder
1/2 c *Optional* Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (gluten, dairy, nut and soy-free)
- Microwave peanut butter for 60-90 seconds
- Add honey and microwave for an additional 30 seconds
- Stir oatmeal, rice cereal and protein powder together before adding peanut butter and honey. Mix will become sticky and thick when together.
- Add chocolate chips (optional)
- Pour mixture into a 9×13″ pan and spread until even
- Refrigerate, cut into 32 equal squares and enjoy!
- Calories: 172 (191 w/choc. chips)
- Fat: 8.6 g (9.8 w/choc. chips)
- Carbohydrates: 15.8 g (18 w/choc. chips)
- Protein: 8 g (8.4 w/choc. chips)
- Fiber: 2.3 g (2.5 w/choc. chips)