If you like the taste of granola, but don’t like the high calories and fat grams that it typically comes with, Momma’s Granola is a great alternative. It’s unprocessed grains, healthy fats and low sugar content make it the perfect and healthy go-to snack. Enjoy this delicious and high fiber food by adding it to your cup of low fat milk or sprinkled on your high protein Greek yogurt. Guaranteed you won’t be disappointed!
- 5 c Rolled oats (old fashioned oatmeal)
- 1/2 c Walnuts (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 c Sunflower seeds
- 1/2 c Sliced almonds
- 1/2 c Cashews (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 c Pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 c Flax seeds
- 1/2 c Maple syrup
- 1/2 c Honey
- 1/4 c Canola oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 c Raisins
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Mix together syrup, honey, oil and vanilla and pour over dry ingredients, coating thoroughly.
- Place in large shallow pan and bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until browned.
- Add raisins. Allow to cool and refrigerate in air tight container. Keep in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Serving Size: 1/4 c Granola
Amount per Serving:
- Calories: 129
- Fat : 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Fiber: 1.8 g