Your greatest self has been waiting your whole life; don’t make it wait any longer.
When we think of occupation, often times we think it has to be a salary paying job, however I like to think of it as anything that involves passion and purpose. From a career, family, friends, faith, community or all of the above, our passions should feed our purpose, allowing us to make the greatest impact in the lives of others and experience daily and abundant joy!
Below are helpful tips that can help you define your purpose and enhance your passions.
Here’s to finding a purpose filled occupation, whatever they may be! ~Neissa
Did You Know…
…that you have at least one purpose in life, but before you can determine your purpose you must know what purpose is.
- The object toward which one strives or for which something exists; an aim or goal
- A result or effect that is intended or desired; an intention
- Determination; resolution
- The matter at hand; the point at issue
Determining your purpose is actually quite easy and fun, and just takes a couple steps. As you answer the questions below, avoid over-thinking them and simply let them come from your heart, and not your head. Think in terms of joy, and not right or wrong, practical or impractical or what others will think. Put all judgement aside! The good news is this is your purpose and your life so the opinions of others are irrelevant.
Step #1: List Action Words you Connect with
Examples include: educate, accomplish, empower, encourage, improve, help, give, guide, inspire, integrate, master, motivate, nurture, organize, produce, promote, travel, spread, share, satisfy, understand.
Step #2: Answer Key Questions
- What are you naturally good at: (skills, abilities, gifts, etc)
- What do people typically ask you for help in?
- If you had to teach something, what would you teach?
- What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life?
- What are your deepest values?
- What do you want to do?
- Who do you want to help?
- What is the result?
Step #3: Create Your Bumper Sticker Purpose
Examples include: dream big, educate children, end poverty now, world peace, dance, have faith, smile, live laugh love, iGnite Your Life! iGnite bumper stickers coming soon!!
We want to hear from you! JOIN THE DISCUSSION
- Our post, “What Do You Want Your Legacy to Be?” about how to live your purpose and passion. Create goals for your mental, physical and spiritual health and let us help motivate you on your journey to a purpose-filled life! https://blog.igniteyourlifenow.com/2013/01/27/sunday-journal-living-with-purpose-and-passion/
We think you will also enjoy:
- This wonderful Ted Talk, “Know your life purpose in 5 minutes!!!”