The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example.
– Benjamin Disraeli
What’s the first thing you think of when you hear Memorial Day mentioned? Unfortunately what comes to mind is oftentimes– oo! big sales! But as we all know, sales and shopping couldn’t be further from the true meaning of this important American holiday.
On May 28th, challenge yourself to re-focus your attention toward the true purpose of Memorial Day: remembering the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces.
Here, a few ways you can pay tribute to the men and women who gave their lives this Memorial Day:
- Show your support and remembrance by flying your American flag
- Compete in the Capitol of Texas Triathlon on Memorial Day in memory of a fallen veteran
- Attend the Memorial Day service at the Texas State Cemetery, Monday at 10am
- Watch the National Memorial Day Concert live from the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol, broadcast live at 7pm on PBS
- Watch the National Memorial Day Parade in Washington, D.C., broadcast live on the Military Channel beginning at 1pm
- Take a moment of silence during the day to stop and be grateful to the people that have given their lives
Other Related Posts: